In some unfortunate cases, people pass away without family members or friends realizing they’ve died. In many instances, it’s the smell of decomposition that alerts people to the fact that there’s been a death in the home.
Clean Keepers takes care of death scene cleanup in Fort Myers. We are available 24/7/365 to help with such a situation, as we are very aware of how traumatic it can be.
There are a few types of death that require death scene cleanup. These include:
- Post-death cleaning
- Accidental death
- Natural death
- Unattended death
Taking Care of Unattended Death Clean-Up
Death scene cleanup should only be handled by trained and licensed professionals because of the risks it poses. All bodily fluids are considered to be biohazard materials, which means they need to be handled and disposed of according to strict rules and regulations mandated by the Florida Department of Public Health.
Clean Keepers has the certification and licensing to safely and legally transport and dispose of biohazard waste that comes from a death cleanup.
The process of death cleanup leaves no room for contamination or other risks. It looks something like this:
- Clean Keepers technicians will remove remaining bodily fluids and objects that came in direct contact with the decomposing body, including carpet, furniture, and clothing.
- Those items will be cleaned and disinfected thoroughly.
- We will remove anything else that is considered a biohazard that may have absorbed the odor of decomposition.
- In extreme cases, it may be necessary to remove items like drapes and upholstered furniture and decontaminate them.
- We ventilate the area and complete an ozone treatment to eradicate any remaining odor in the air and on hard surfaces.
Do Not Attempt the Job on Your Own
Death cleanup is a job meant only for professionals, as decomposing bodies can carry blood-borne pathogens and other such infectious diseases.
Your household cleaning products are not strong enough to successfully decontaminate and deodorize the area. Not only that, the cleanup process will undoubtedly be traumatic for those who knew and loved the deceased person.
It’s best to trust the professionals when it comes to death scene cleanup in Fort Myers. Trust Clean Keepers for a job like this.
If you are in need of our services, trust that we will express the utmost empathy and guide you through this difficult time. Get in touch with us today